Tuesday, September 25, 2007

And Away We Go...

Well, I'm biting the bullet and heading off to Hollywood. Unfortunately, all our scripts this year, two shorts and two features, have not found a home anywhere, which has left us at an impasse. Being constantly faced with this disheartening lack of support has prompted some drastic action. So America it is.
With the continual lack of belief and support for our work we have found it increasingly difficult to believe that we can actually make films here in Ireland. So, first off I'm flying to Chicago, where I'll stop by the Chicago International Film festival. Then to Indianapolis where I will attend the Heartland Film Festival, where we won the Crystal Heart Award last year. All in the hope of meeting fellow filmmakers, producers and financiers. Then I'm off to LA for a while, where I've set up some meetings with Producers.
I'm not sure what will come of it, I'm hoping for interest and investment in one if not all of our four feature scripts and short film scripts. I will also have the opportunity to pitch the on-going comic book story Thomas and I have been developing over the past five years.
I'm not sure if the trip will pay off but it's better then hanging around here doing nothing. So wish me luck. More news here soon.
Frank

No comments: