Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Looking back...

I was browsing the blogs of old classmates and found some amazing art. I studied animation at college, but always knew I was destined for film! Those who carried on turned into fine artists I must say. But looking are their stuff made me want to go back a dig out some old stuff of mine.

These pages were a first pass at The Anatomist, when Thomas and I began it as a comic book. Unfortunately at the time it proved too much work for everyone involved. Thomas had just had his first child, Dan was working elsewhere and giving his nights to the project and I was unemployed, uninspired and going insane! But we still managed to write a full story arch, get four finished issues written and 12 illustrated pages started.
So here are a few for your enjoyment.


Page One. (The only finished page)


Page Two. (Without effects from here on in)


Page Three


Page Four


Page Five


Page Six.

The story still exists and is by no means abandonned. It's just on hold until we become better writers! It wont be approached this way again however. I think if we start it again we will begin from scratch.

In the meantime here's page one of a new comic book I've started on my own and using a very simple technique. I guess there's comic books in my blood! But I love doing them - when I can find the time! This is a script I wrote called Insomnia about a man who has an eye transplant and can see into another world. First two scripts are written so I'll keep plugging away at it from time to time. No real aim with this one, it's just for fun. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Frank W. Kelly said...

No Ads Please.