Sunday, March 29, 2009

5 days to go.

We're close. 

Not much happening today, being Sunday, might finish storyboards later. Come tomorrow it'll be busy. Still a lot to organise, still no make-up artist confirmed, waiting to hear back on that, hopefully will know tomorrow, then I can breathe a sigh of relief, as yet I'm still holding my breath. 

Still no Mrs.Smith either. But I have a phonecall tomorrow that I hope will solve that problem. Otherwise a rewrite will be needed and I'll lose an important part of the script that I like very much.

I haven't been nervous much about this film up until now. I can feel the nervous excitement rising and worries have started to seep into my dreams. I had a dream last night that JJ and I were in a giant St. Vincent De Paul shop and we found one of the lights we needed and tried to buy it, but it got complicated, I forget why. Probably due to the reality that I tried booking lights with Filmbase only to find that they were booked out for the shoot dates, so much for the benefits of being a member there. 

Money again is still an issue, have a couple of options that I hope will work. If both do then great, if one does, good, if neither do... Screwed! At the moment I have no money for lights, sound equipment or anything else. I'm hanging on to what little I have so I can buy food. I don't know where the rest will come from - somewhere I hope!

Everything else is falling into place, locations, most of the crew and actors. I met with Eric O'Brien yesterday and went through a couple of the scenes with him and visited one of the locations and found myself getting quite excited at the prospect of shooting there next week. I even started coming up with new ideas while there, and different ways to shoot the scene. So I think we'll be OK on the day. I know these other annoyances will work themselves out, well, I'll work them out, I have no choice, but when it comes to shooting I think everything will be fine and we'll all have a lot of fun working together. 

I'm definitely looking forward to being on the other side of it though, and having it wrapped and on my hard drive and being faced with the thrill of editing, piecing it all together and finding the flow, finding the film itself. It'll be interesting to see if much is compromised on the day and how the final film will be different from what I have in my head right now and what's on the page. But this time two weeks I'll be awash with calm and a grand sense of achievement... I hope! 

I'm most excited about that stage, when it's all done and the worry, anxiety and panic are over and I can sit down by myself and sculpt the footage into the final film for all to see. Should be good!

Anyway, clocks are forward, evenings are long, Spring is here and Summer is on the way. The blossoms are on the tree and the Magnolias are about to bloom. It's a great time of year to be making a film and I'm excited about. 

No comments: