Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Magic Number

139. Jos Meijers - Rotterdam - Netherlands

140. Mark Thimijan – Nebraska - USA

That's right, 4 days to go and 140 filmmakers reached. When I set the date at June 21st I had some doubts, I thought I might have to push the date back, but no, we did it. 140 filmmakers worldwide have signed up to a shared vision to film 140 seconds of what connects them to their home, to this planet. I don't mind telling you I feel a little emotional! :'[ 

I'm so excited by what we're all about to do. From an idea I had during a sleepless night to a global project involving so much incredible talent from people I admire and respect hugely. From old friends to new friends, people I've never met before to talent I've admired from afar. It's hard to believe it has reached this point, with all of you involved. 

I know the work you will all do on Sunday will be inspired and I can't wait to see it. I can't wait to start putting it together and give you guys the best film I can cut, something we can all be proud to be a part of. I know it's going to be easy once I see your footage! 

Here's to Sunday guys! And Thanks to you all for believing in this.

Best

Frank

No comments: