Friday, July 31, 2009

Tonight's the Night


Tonight at 7pm on RTE 1 will be the Nationwide show featuring the special on my film Bill, For Short. It was shot some time ago, March I think, and I had half lost hope it would every be broadcast, but as it happens the timing could not be more perfect.

From August 1st Bill, For Short and the accompanying exhibition 'Old Shoes and Broken Walls' will be available to view at Boyne Books in Callan Art on Narrow West St. in Drogheda. Thanks to Mark Kearns, the owner of the book store, for the interest in the work and for finding the space to show it. For any twitter user you can follow Mark @boynebukes. The exhibition will hang for the entire month.

Special thanks too to Joan O'Sullivan, the producer who picked up on the story and came down to do the piece. And indeed the Droichead Art Centre for finding my the space in the first place which lead to exhibition and the Drogheda Borough Council for funding half the budget.

If I can figure it out I'll post the segment here at a later date, for anyone who can't manage to see it it will be available from next week on the RTE player.

No comments: