Monday, August 03, 2009

Looking back.


I worked in this factory when I was a kid, 10 or 11, over 20 years ago (getting old!) my Uncle owned an Aluminum fabrication company. My Dad worked there and I spent a summer as a helper. Third floor, the windows to the left of the long central arched window.

It was fun. I remember the wide open factory floor with just four or five workers at separate benches at different jobs. The big windows with the light streaming in and the view out to the river.

It's closed now and falling down. Apartments had been planned before the recession hit, but that never moved forward. Now it stands crumbling and fenced off. Another childhood memory surrounded by corrugated Iron fences - still, hasn't stopped me finding a way in. I believe I have that right. It holds some of my memories, part of my history, after all.

No comments: