Tuesday, December 07, 2010

2010 Review

J
...This is what life really is.
And you’re going to get what you
deserve for a change.


Well, it's Christmas, I'm shutting up shop. I finished the first draft of Derelict last night (tiny extract above) and sent it off to the actors, wrapped in a nice festive bow. I hope they like it! I'm happy with the direction it's taking. I think the story, the structure and the characters are all there. But there's room to grow. There'll be plenty of news coming in 2011.


At the end of the year I like to look back and take stock. So what's happened in 2010. Well, plenty!

Finished 140, Held the World Premiere at the Newport Beach Film Festival, the European Premiere at the Irish Film Institute and also screened at the Denver Film Society, Hatch Fest Film Festival, Downtown Film Festival Los Angeles and Heartland Film Festival.


Invited to:
Sedona International Film Festival
and to be a part of the Media Course the Ottawa University in Canada.


Got some great press from MovieLine, MovieViral, Fast Company and Variety.


My short film Emily's Song sold to Channel 4 in the UK and has been broadcast twice this year.


Started putting together my next film, Derelict, and pulled together a great cast.


I finished a feature script called Iscariot with Thomas Kennedy, something that we had been writing for over two years. Found a producer who was excited about it and wanted to take it on. He said he'd get back to us in two weeks - six months ago... we'll see!


Edited a short called 'Raise My Hands' with Elliot Kotek producing and photography from Scott McDermott. Is sitting in limbo at the moment waiting for release... we'll see!


And the prospect of many more good things to come. 2011 should be an interesting year and I can't wait to get started.


OK, bit of fun now, my top (and bottom) films of 2010:

My Favourite Films of 2010:
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans
Toy Story 3
How to Train Your Dragon
Ponyo
Valhalla Rising
Let the Right One In
Kick Ass

My Least Favourite Films of 2010:
Robin Hood
Ondine
Clash of the Titans

Most Disappointing:
(films I was looking forward to that just didn't deliver)
Inception
Shutter Island
Iron Man 2
The Killer Inside Me
Rec 2

Most Anticipated:
True Grit
The Town
Black Swan
The American
The Illusionist



Happy Christmas everyone. Thanks for reading. Hope to see you in the new year for the next leg of the journey.

No comments: