Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ed. Dit. Ting.

I'm editing. It's 2am. I am up, when I should be sleeping, trying to join to scenes so I have one long completed scene assembled. Trying to find needles in haystacks. Doesn't help when MPEG streamclip decided not convert a bunch of DSLR files, so if I don't seem to be finding the take I know should be there, chances are it's in the un-converted files, which means rendering on the timeline, which means hours of my life down the toilet, creative momentum out the window and the will to live seeping out my pours.

Don't us DSLR camera to shoot a movie people, just don't, they're cheap, they're trendy, but they're a pain in the ass. And honestly, I'm not a fan of the look. I wanted to use 2 Sony EX1 cameras on Derelict, but one didn't arrive, so I used what I had, Canons, they work fine and really it does look good, it'll work, but I do much prefer the look of the Sony, and there have been no issues whatsoever with the sony files. Just save yourself a whole heap of headaches and use movie cameras to shoot movie. Use the canons for stills.

Sorry, I'm tired and a little cranky! The film is coming together though. I'm happy with what I've assembled. But I still have a lot of work to do. I'm hoping to have the film assembled in a week or two, but then comes the creative part! Putting some shape and pace to it, creating a tone, finding the film it is, will be and will remain forever. They say a film is never finished, only abandoned - I'm hoping to abandon this one at the end of February, beginning of March for entry into the Cannes Film Festival. Whatever my chances are, I don't know, I'm not really thinking about it or worried about it, but it's a deadline, and deadlines are useful!

OK, my file has rendered. Back to the edit... sorry, this was kind of a crap post! More of a rant/update. More soon!

Oh, here's the new teaser poster.

No comments: