Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Close To The Summit

I haven't posted anything in a couple of weeks, been up to my eyeballs with US Visa stuff, which has been a head melt, but is now, hopefully, sorted. Meantime - - the lads at the Element have bee work tirelessly on Derelict and I'm happy to report that I signed off on the grade today!!! HURRAY!!!

Final Checks on the Grade at Element today in Dublin
(Have to admit I changed the image, it was only afterwards I realised it was the last shot in the film that was up! Idiot!)
Film looks great. Very happy with it. I left with a large smile today. Had some time to kill so grabbed a coffee in the National Gallery, where I made an entry into my notebook, last page, which was fitting considering the first page was also Derelict! Back during inception, when the idea was forming. Now, the reality is almost complete. This thursday I meet Chris O'Grady to finally hear the sound mix. Hopefully there wont be too much left. I'm looking forward to getting it done and getting it out. But the summit of the mountain is in view, at very long last!



Raise My Hands is still riding high on the festival circuit. Official Selection at the Hollyshorts Film Festival in Los Angeles in August, and we get to screen in the famous Grauman's Chinese Theatre, which is pretty cool, quite a historic place! That's the one with all the movie stars hand and foot prints in the cement out front! So I'm excited about that.

From the notebook:
The sketch is what the first location looked liked.
It was to be more Experimental, but we ended up
going more traditional.
Most of the names changed,
Tony became J, Joe became Daniel
Ed became Tone, Smithy became Davey-boy
(and turned into J's brother)
Sandra became Kate Laurence stayed the same
and Son Andrew became Daughter Louise.

No comments: