Sunday, December 21, 2014

The celluloid journey and the 9 to 5.

I'm currently in California, working at Apple. I'm thrilled. Truly. It's a great job, with great people. I get to do something I like for a company I've long respected and admired and believe in. And I can provide for my family. And that's what I'm doing now. So for the next while I won't be actively working on any projects.

I would like to make another film someday. But I'm not in the rush I was. And right now, I don't know what kind of film I want to make anyway. Before it was the hunger of wanting to get a film made that drove me, which probably wasn't a good thing. It was the film over the story. And it should always be the other way around. So right now, I don't have a story I want to tell. I have a ton of scripts, a few I like, some I've been working on for years, but I'm not hungry to make any of them anymore.

I'm happy not to think about it for a while. I'm sure I'll make another film someday. But I'm not making films at the moment. I'm not actively working on a project or seeking to work on a project. And I doubt I will be for some time, unless a story grabs me, and won't let go. Until then I won't be posting here. The blog will still be up, until such a time as I pick it up again. But I don't want to be posting random bullshit, or stretching for half interesting non subjects! I'd rather wait till the journey continues, until there's something to post about.

So, until next time, thank you once again for reading and following over the last ten years or so. Maybe I'll see you further on down the line. For now, it's the 9 to 5 for me, and that's OK.

Slán agus Beannacht.


No comments: