Thursday, May 07, 2015

I Am Ireland - Video Introduction

Howdy folks, busy day today on I Am Ireland! I awoke with an email from the Ray D'Arcy show back in Ireland. Minutes to their broadcast, asking if I was interested in talking to Ray about the film on todays show! I was of course. So for an hour and a half I paced nervously, listening, waiting, watching the clock tick toward the end of the show... but they managed to squeeze me in, and fair play to them! Here's a piece from their blog, hit listen to hear my 2 minutes!!!


I've also recorded a short introduction video for the film, which will give you an idea of what the film is about, what I'm looking for and a good idea of how to film it yourself. But of course you don't have to stick to straight on, you can get out and about, have a friend help you, take us on a tour, whatever you feel like. Technically speaking I would say to try and keep the camera steady and the sound audible, so we can see and hear you! But the main point is that you tell your story - why you left Ireland, what life has been like since you left and what your connection to Ireland is now. What do you think about when you think of Ireland?

So if you're an Irish immigrant and would like to get involved, please drop me a line. You can hit the contact button on the right, leave a comment here, or get in touch with me through my Facebook page. I'll get right back to you. I look forward to having you on board. Lets make a film together, and tell our story. 

Thanks for reading.

No comments: